Home Remodeling ... Ahhhhhh!

Yes - we are crazy. Yes - we are pulling our hair out. After 5 years in a house with the weirdest bathroom design ever, we have decided to remodel. We are combining 2 long, narrow bathrooms into a large master bathroom.

Here are some lovely photos of the before bathrooms. Lovely green tile with a sink and a toilet in one, and beautiful burgundy tile with a tub and cupboards in the other. (I know - why are we tearing that out!!! If we wait long enough, maybe it will be back in style.)


So far, we have removed mountains of tile, sheetrock, and plaster, tearing everything down to the studs. (When I say "we," I mean mainly Doug.) Then we moved the plumbing around, rearranging the sinks and water heater. We have rewired all the electricity, putting in new lights and outlets. We have built two new walls and everything has new sheetrock and texture. We will be painting and tiling this week. Our goal is to have this project completed before my parents come to visit in 2 weeks. Yikes!






No comments:

Post a Comment